Friday 20 September 2013

Animation & Film, past and present

While researching experimental animations and works that inspire me, i came across an animation called SUNSET on Vimeo








I was immediately drawn to the colours of the animation being red, white, and black.

I have been inspired by this tonal effect in film and animation since I saw Sin City (2005). That was a real inspiration for me, the style of graphic novel meets blockbuster movie.





I have been trying to plan my own piece of work with the same colour theme to it, using both 2D, live action and After Effects.

1 comment:

  1. Have you ever looked at Russian constructivism? Take a look at El Lizzitsky - as soon as I looked at the screenshots ot the 'Sunset' animation that you have here it made me think of that style.

    ReplyDelete